Okay friends, it’s that time of year: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Is it a coincidence that it occurs near my birthday? I think not. Does this make it easy on the hubs when it comes to gift-giving? I should say so. One look back at my front steps last year during the N-Sale will give you a good indication of how much I like to take advantage of the timing of this epic sale.
Now, I don’t keep everything. I don’t even WANT to keep everything. I order multiple sizes, colors and styles of items that I already love, items I’ve been waiting to go on sale, and items I’ve seen other bloggers post about. Some work, some don’t. But it’s a great way to get a head start on your Fall/Winter wardrobe at prices you can’t beat. Plus, there’s free shipping both ways, so there’s no risk, really.
So, with that being said, here is my “Darling Dozen”–those items that I will be buying today when early access for cardholders begin. Some are “tried and true” and some are a stretch. But stay tuned and I will keep you posted of how I like each item as they come in.
1. Let’s start with my favorite Zella live-in leggings. These guys are literally a staple of my winter wardrobe and I have them in multiple colors. They are high-waisted, they don’t sag or ride up, they are completely opaque and now, they have POCKETS! Yassss! It’s true! I wear them to work out of course, but I also wear them with boots and sweaters all. winter. long.
2. Hubby got me some of these Sperry Saltwater boots for Christmas and I LOVE them. It’s so weird to say that about snowboots, but it’s true! They are so comfortable and they keep my feet toasty warm in the rain/snow. I’m really digging this grey color too 😉
3. Barefoot Dreams literally makes the coziest items EVER! And while I have several BD cardis, this year I’m so pumped about getting the Cozy Chic blanket! These things are super pricey, but thanks to the Nordy Sale, it’s under $100 finally so I’m taking advantage. Happy birthday to me!
4. Wit & Wisdom’s Absolution Skinny Jeans are hands down my favorite jeans of all time. They fit like a glove (size down) and have a hidden elastic waist that makes them basically as comfy as your favorite leggings. These are definitely a closet staple!
5. I’m super excited about this leopard print blush top. Puff sleeves aren’t usually my jam, but I love the pattern and colors and think it will be a fun night-out top. This could be a total flop, so stay tuned for my Insta post with try-on pics once things start coming in.
6. I’m a vest-kind-of-girl and if you are too, then you’ll want this one. It comes in other colors but they are all great basics for cooler temps and super comfy to boot. Patagonia rarely goes on sale so stock up while you can!
7. I have several pairs of UGGS but none like these Melrose booties. I love the shorter height and of course the sheer comfort of all that ultra plush shearling inside. I’m thinking these will be great with a pair of jeans or leggings alike.
8. I discovered these v-neck tees during last year’s Anniversary Sale and so wish I had bought several more! This year, I’m planning to buy at least one striped and several solid. They aren’t clingy and they hold up really well in the wash. Plus, they look great with a pair of shorts or layered under cardis once temps cool off.
9. I have been obsessing over these leopard pumps and think they’d be the perfect pop for a little black dress, some dark jeans, or really, whatever! Sam Edelman makes the best shoes and this particular style is a crowd favorite.
10. Like I said before, Barefoot Dreams is pretty much what dreams are made of and I make it a point to buy a piece from their line during each Anniversary Sale when the prices are so good. I’ve decided that the Cozy Chic Circle Lit style is my fave since I’m so petite. It doesn’t swallow me like some of the other styles but still feels like I’m in pajamas all day when I wear it. I’m excited this year for this new burgundy color so hopefully it will be as amazing as I think it will be 😉
11. I bought these black faux leather leggings last year, even though I refused to try them the year before when everyone else was dying over them. Shame on me though because boy did I miss out! I’m so glad I went out on a limb last year because they quickly became my go-to pair of leggings! Not only are they super comfy and flattering thanks to all their suck-in magic, but they really kick your whole look up a notch or two. They look equally amazing with sneaks as they do with booties too!
12. And last up on my wish list is this darling leopard lace-trimmed cami. I bought the black one last year and found myself grabbing it again and again to wear under long cardis, so I thought a printed one would be fun to add to my closet this year. I know it looks like lingerie and a little “wild” for someone traditional like me, but I always think a fun pop of leopard is appropriate and this is just that.
Hope you enjoyed my list, friends! Remember, Nordstrom cardholders can shop as of noon today (July 12th) and the public can shop beginning July 19th. Happy shopping!